Course Content (All sessions can qualify for Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
ASET’s training program provides in depth information on all aspects of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Places special emphasis on those aspects of ASD that impact on safety, such as wandering/elopement, meltdowns, sensory and processing overload, positional asphyxia, & many others
- Teaches skills to prevent, recognize, & respond to crisis situations involving persons on the Autism Spectrum
- Discusses fire safety & responding to Fire & EMS situations
- Provides strategies to enhance safety in school, home, & community
- Details implementation of community-wide awareness programs
Typical presentations last 2.5 hours, but can be tailored to meet your individual needs. Multiple presentations can be done on the same day. This training is available both nationwide and international.